Ok folks, today I’m gonna talk about Kadence Cloud. I’ve been hesitant to write about it, but now that I have used it for a while, I would like to share my impressions.
Let’s jump right into it.
What is Kadence Cloud?
Kadence Cloud is a library of design elements that you can create, store and use across multiple websites. The designs are saved in the cloud, obviously.
To build and save your cloud library, you need to install the Kadence Cloud plugin (premium version) on a website.
To access your cloud library, you need to install the Kadence Blocks plugin (free or premium version) and connect to it. You can connect from multiple websites.
A design library can consist of different elements like: blocks, sections or even full page templates.
Who is Kadence Cloud for?
It can be used in multiple ways, to achieve different goals. However, the main use cases are the following:
Fast website development
Allows you to quickly build new websites by inserting design sections from your cloud library and using them across multiple websites.
Create websites for clients
Web agencies or designers/developers can now build custom design libraries, connect them with clients’ websites and further customize them.
Clients can get access to custom design blocks and sections, so they can easily add them to new pages.
When it comes to monetization, there are lots of opportunities. You can charge per website, per pages, per design library, per hour, etc. It all depends on the products/services you provide.
Sell design libraries
If you’re good at designing layouts, you can create your own Kadence Cloud library and sell it to clients. To do that, you will need to generate access keys via the plugin and sell them to your customers.
How to create a Kadence Cloud library
To create your own Kadence Cloud library, follow these steps:
- Get the Kadence Cloud premium plugin and download it from your Kadence WP account (My account – Product Downloads)
- Install the plugin on your host website. Here is where you’ll be hosting your cloud library and connecting to it from other websites
- Activate the plugin. Go to Settings – Kadence License Activation
- Go to Cloud Library – Add new
- Create your design elements. These can be blocks, design sections or page templates
You will be able to see all your designs under Cloud Library – All Cloud Libraries, as sown below.
How to organize your cloud library
The plugin allows you to organize your templates in multiple ways. Here are the available options:
- Collections – allows you to organize your templates by collections. For example you might want to have private or public collections
- Categories – these will appear on the left hand menu in your Design Library
- Keywords – these will be used when you search for specific design elements
How to generate thumbnails for your designs
There are 2 ways to set up thumbnails for your layouts:
- Add manually – add the Featured Image for each element
- Generate automatically – enable the API Flash for screenshots, go to Cloud Library – Cloud Settings – General
If you don’t set up any thumbnails, the system will generate them for you once you connect to your library. You can later override the thumbnails using one of the methods described above.
How to grant access to your library
The access is granted via access keys. You can generate access keys and either use them for your own websites, offer them for free or sell them to your customers.
Here is more info on particular access types:
- Private use – use your library on multiple website that you own
- Free access – share the library to your audience for free
- Sell access – sell the designs from your library to your customers
How to generate access keys
You can generate as many access keys as you want. To do that, you have to:
- Go to Cloud Library – Cloud Settings – Access Keys
- Click on Generate Key
- Click on Save
Use these access keys to connect to your cloud library. More on that below.
How to connect to your cloud library
To connect to your design library you need to have the Kadence Blocks plugin installed on any of your sites.
Then, go to your WordPress admin and follow these steps:
- Create a new post/page or edit any page and click on Design Library button located on the top of editing area
- Click on + icon and paste the following info:
- Connection URL – the website where you host your design library
- Connection access key – the key you generated on your host website
- Click on Add connection. You will now see a new section in your design library. To define the name of your library go to Cloud Library – Cloud Settings – General – Set Cloud name
Now, feel free to include design elements from your custom library to any connected website. The design elements will inherit your global colors.
To disconnect from your cloud library click on Design Library – click on + icon – click on remove icon. All the templates added before you disconnect will remain on the website.
How to sync with your cloud library
There are 2 ways to sync with your design library:
- Manually – go to Design Library and click on Sync with cloud icon.
- Automatically – set up a schedule on how often the sync should happen. To do that, access the Cloud Library – Cloud Settings – General – Force sites to resync after. Here, you have the following options:
- one day
- one week
- one month
Manual sync is the fastest way to get the latest layouts from your cloud library.
Default Kadence Cloud design library
To be honest, I’m not impressed by the default design library offered by Kadence Cloud. It contains a limited number of design sections and only 7 premium layouts.
The quality of designs is questionable, but hey, that’t not the main purpose of this product. I’m mainly excited about the cloud system and its functionality.
3rd party design libraries
While there are a few 3rd party design libraries on the market, most of them are not high quality and have been created by enthusiasts. I haven’t noticed any decent layouts so far.
If you know some great looking libraries (I mean really nice designs), please share them in the comments below.
Kadence Cloud is a premium plugin and costs $89 / year (currently discounted to $69 / year). For this price you get 1 year support and updates, and you can use it on unlimited number of sites.
The best value for money is the Kadence Full Bundle, priced at $219 / year (currently discounted to $199 / year). With this plan you get access to all existing products and future releases.
Her is the plan comparison:
|Kadence Cloud||Kadence Full Bundle|
|$89 / year||$219 / year|
|Unlimited websites||Unlimited websites|
|1 year support & updates||1 year support & updates|
|Kadence Cloud plugin||Kadence Cloud plugin|
|30 day satisfaction guarantee||Kadence Blocks Pro|
|Kadence Theme Pro|
|Premium Starter Templates|
|Kadence Shop Kit|
|Access to all existing products|
|Access to all future products|
|30 day satisfaction guarantee|
Rating – 4.7 out of 5
Ease of use
Value for money
Is Kadence Cloud worth it?
Yes. It’s a great choice if you want to enhance and speed up the website building process. It’s suitable for personal use or for client work + you can sell access keys to customers. This should help you diversify your revenue streams.
While at first sight it might seem a little complicated to set up and use. Once you master it, you will definitely like it. It should improve your workflow significantly.