This and past year have been challenging, but life goes on and the acquisitions in the tech industry are happening on a regular basis.
Today, we’re gonna talk about some major acquisitions in the WordPress market. I’ve been following different WordPress related brands for years and it’s been very interesting to observe their path over the time.
Let’s have a look at some of major acquisitions that happened in the last 5-6 years.
Latest acquisitions in the WordPress market
As you can see, there are some active players in the market:
- GoDaddy – domain names and hosting provider. Don’t get hosting from them. Use a reliable service instead, like SiteGround.
- Automattic – the parent company of WordPress. Learn how to create your own WordPress site.
- Liquid Web – managed hosting solutions
- WP Engine – managed WordPress hosting
- iThemes – premium WordPress plugins. Their latest acquisition of Kadence WP aims to help them expand their WordPress theme division. Read my Kadence theme review here.
I’m not a big fan of tech related acquisitions, especially when they’re made to simply kill the competition. There are exceptions though, and it’s been fun to watch these companies.
So, what do you think? Have been all of these acquisitions successful? Do you like/use services or products of any of these companies?
Let me know in the comments below. I’m curious to see your opinions.